Astral has developed capability to tackle ad-hoc assignments outside its normal area of operations utilising a team of competent associates. Before accepting such assignments Astral always ensures it has adequate "high level" knowledge of the topic. Examples of ad-hoc work undertaken include:
- A review of air operator aircraft maintenance requirements for an international airline, including preparation of an operator's maintenance manual and associated standard maintenance procedures.
- A review of Part 145 maintenance policy and procedure for the same operator.
- A high level review of operator maintenance procedures in two turbo-prop airlines
- A review of quality assurance in a Part 145 maintenance organisation.
- Introduction of a fleet of jet aircraft to a domestic turbo-prop airline as temporary capacity.
- Development of Rules on behalf of the New Zealand Civil Aviation authority including aircraft collision avoidance rules (ACAS and TAWS) and a major update of general aircraft maintenance rules.
- Preparation of a comprehensive guide to airline flight operations for a major industry group.